One of the main issues the producers of weaving tapes (yarn) and twine face during production is a so called fibrillation effect – an uncontrolled splitting of stretched PP/PE yarn (tape). Using calcium carbonate in the composition helps to reduce or completely avoid fibrillation. Slight modification of your original formula by adding 3-4% of calcium carbonate filler masterbatch is enough to solve the problem.
Other benefits from using of CaCO3 filler in flat PP/PE yarn production:
- Improved vertical tearing resistance and tensile strength of PP flat yarn in PP woven bags.
- Anti-slip effect and facilitating winding.
- Greater tensile strength of the yarn after stretching.
- Stiffed yarn makes products firmer and more stable.
- Higher lifetime of cutting blades because the amount of abrasive titanium dioxide as well as anti-blocking and anti-slip additives can be reduced.
- Self-cleaning of extruder and dies.
- Increased output.